Little Star's Realm

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Yellow Plates on Yellow Lane

Isn't it sometimes depressing when you just can't break the rules?

All the restrictions... all the limitations...
wears you off.

But sometimes you're losing grip...

You want to break free.
Break free...

I am not perfect.

I am sometimes weak.

Will I still follow the yellow lane?

If I don't...

Will I go astray?

posted by li'l star at 11:49 AM

2 Comments:

Don't follow the yellow lane. Follow your heart.

I read this yesterday by Jorge Luis Borges ( iread it in German, but in English you can find many translations of it online - it was originally written in Spanish):

If I could start over my life,
I would make more mistakes in the new one.
Not trying to be perfect, I would just lie on my back.
I would be happy, more than I ever was in my first try,
There would be very few things
That I would do seriously.
Cleanliness would never be a problem.
I would take more risks.
I would travel more.
I would watch the sunrise more often,
I would climb mountains and swim in rivers more often.
I would go see places I didn't see.
I would eat ice cream like crazy, and green beans much less.
I would have real troubles, instead of the imaginary ones.
I used to be striving for efficiency at every moment of my life.
If I could start over, I would only have happy moments.
Do you realize that this is what life is all about?
Moments, only moments. Seize the moment.
I used to go nowhere without water, umbrella and parachutes with me.
If I could start over, I would carry nothing.
If I could start over,
I would throw away my shoes in the Spring.
And I would walk barefoot until the end of Fall.
I would discover hidden paths, enjoy the sun,
And play with the kids, if I had the chance.
But I am 85 and I know...
I am dying...

Friday, December 07, 2007  

Thanks indeterminacy for the poem. I wish I could follow what my heart tells me...

Tuesday, December 11, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home