Little Star's Realm

Thursday, August 02, 2007

Fashion Police

Is it really necessary to wear uniform in the office?

A large amount of my salary was deducted 2 years ago because of 4 pairs of uniforms. Tell me I’m stupid for not wearing any of them. I survived. The HR didn’t give me any memo for not wearing my uniforms. I maybe so “pasaway” or hard-headed but I really think that there’s no need to wear such in the office. We’re creative people. We rarely face clients. I think it would be cool to wear what we’re comfortable with. We wouldn’t want ourselves to be limited by this office tradition. Our work is not even affected by the set of clothes that we wear.

For me, wearing what you want is a form of expression.

But we still need to follow the rules. Whoever wants a job… stays. Whoever stays… follows the rules. So I attended the meeting regarding the uniform’s designs and colors. The majority were given the chance to choose what we would like to wear. To our dismay, none of them were chosen by the committee(?). I really have no idea who’s in charge of the uniforms.

Anyway, what’s the point of choosing and suggesting if other people won’t consider any of your proposals? If there’s one policy that I would like to change in the office…I would want them to ditch the usage of old-fashioned uniforms!

posted by li'l star at 12:39 AM

2 Comments:

well, I agree. I don't want to wear those uniforms, too. I want to be comfortable...

Wednesday, August 08, 2007  

dami naman ayaw mag uniform. dapat kasi wag na lang. hehe

Wednesday, August 08, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home