Little Star's Realm

Sunday, July 22, 2007

Sweetest Downfall



http://media.putfile.com/Samson-51
I love this song.



Samson
by Regina Spektor


You are my sweetest downfall
I loved you first, I loved you first
Beneath the sheets of paper lies my truth
I have to go,
I have to go
Your hair was long when we first met

Samson went back to bed
Not much hair left on his head
He ate a slice of wonder bread and went right back to bed
And history books forgot about us and the bible didn't mention us
And the bible didn't mention us, not even once

You are my sweetest downfall
I loved you first, I loved you first
Beneath the stars came fallin' on our heads
But they're just old light, they're just old light
Your hair was long when we first met

Samson came to my bed
Told me that my hair was red
Told me I was beautiful and came into my bed
Oh I cut his hair myself one night
A pair of dull scissors in the yellow light
And he told me that I'd done alright
And kissed me 'til the mornin' light, the mornin' light
And he kissed me 'til the mornin' light

Samson went back to bed
Not much hair left on his head
Ate a slice of wonderbread and went right back to bed
Oh, we couldn't bring the columns down
Yeah we couldn't destroy a single one
And history books forgot about us
And the bible didn't mention us, not even once

You are my sweetest downfall
I loved you first
posted by li'l star at 8:31 PM

4 Comments:

Thanks for sharing that. It's a great song lyric - at least I assume it's a song. Would love to hear it sung.

Monday, July 23, 2007  

This comment has been removed by the author.

Monday, July 23, 2007  

It's a song :-) I like the lyrics and the tune. Anyway, I placed a link so you could hear it...

Monday, July 23, 2007  

I'm so unobservant. I missed the title at the top saying it was a song. Thanks for putting up the link. Would love to hear it sung to me as I wake up. She has a lovely voice.

Thursday, July 26, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home