Little Star's Realm

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Autographs

* People say strange things. Sometimes it’s better to be with the sheep, who don’t say anything. And better still to be alone with one’s books. They tell their incredible stories at the time when you want to hear them. But when you’re talking to people, they say some things that are so strange that you don’t know how to continue the conversation – The Alchemist by Paulo Coehlo

I came across this excerpt while reading my previous blog. I remember one incident while I was alone in the comfort room intently brushing my teeth when suddenly some of my colleagues entered. They were discussing about autographs. They were reminiscing about those acronyms ( ITALY, JAPAN…and that acronym I couldn’t even remember now) because I swear, I or any of my childhood friends did not use that. ( I didn’t bother to tell them that I have kept so many in my cabinet waiting to be pestered by termites. lol.) They asked me why I don’t know about that acronym. I just smiled because I really don’t know the reason. All of a sudden, one of my colleague cracked a joke. “Maybe you do not have friends. Maybe nobody asked you to sign autographs.” She didn’t say it once. She said it twice. What for?
My smile faded. I didn’t say a word and I nonchalantly ignored what she said. I do not need to prove myself that time. It was not a point of argument either. I don’t know her intentions for saying that. She’s a frank person though I would just want to consider it as a joke. However, it wouldn’t be nice to judge her because of that. But what she said was really a strange statement and I don’t know how to continue the conversation.
But I really wanted to ask her what made her think that I do not have friends? Just because I am not part of any group in the office or I only have a few close friends, doesn’t mean I am not friendly at all. She really doesn’t know me. I used to be miss congeniality during high school and college days but unfortunately I’m tired of being one now. ;-) In the office, I used to hangout with a bunch of cool and wacky friends but since they wanted to try a greener pasture… I was left there. Counting more months before I finally set off to a different world. But it’s okay, no more emotional attachments. I cry everytime they leave. It’s tiring. Never did I consider the idea that sometimes I could stand being alone. But of course, it’s still better to have somebody to talk to. But I would rather be with someone whom I could tell anything and be simply me -- without pretension. It's not the quantity of friends that matter. It's the kind of friendship that you have. I am happy that I still have kuya. :-) I am happy that he is my constant companion. I am happy that I can blurt out my sentiments to him. I am happy because I have him to laugh at the silliest kind of conversation. And I am also happy that the quiet girl seated in front of me is also my friend.


What’s my point here? Sometimes, it’s fun to be alone than hear strange things. :-)
posted by li'l star at 6:28 PM

2 Comments:

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Sunday, July 15, 2007  

ey, ako ba to? naguilty naman ako. wla akong ibig sabihin don. i don't mean to offend you. sorry po! joke lang talaga yon. kaya ko naman nasabi yon kasi sa school namin nung elementary halos lahat may autograph tapos pag siyempre, pag ala kang friend, wlang magpapapirma sa'yo. kaya yun ang sinabi ko. pero hindi ko naman ibig sabihin na wla kang friends. ako nga ang walang maraming friends nung high school eh. 4 lang tlga kami sa barkada. waaahhhh! sorry po. di ko sinasadya. promise. wala talaga akong ganong ibig sabihin. i don't mean to offend you and i am really sorry if i did. nagjojoke lang talaga ako. sorry talaga. april

Saturday, August 04, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home