Little Star's Realm

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

White Flag

Do not allow the past to get you, don’t be attached to the past because the past is already gone. Do not allow the future, worries about the future, to get you, because the future is not yet here. There is only one moment for you to be truly alive, and that is the present moment. All the wonders of life can be touched in that moment. So the Buddha was clear on that. Everything belonging to life is there in the present moment; the blue sky, the beautiful face of your child is there, available in the present moment. If you get lost in the future, in worries about the future, or in sorrow about the past, life will not be available to you. So the basic condition is to go back to the present moment, to allow yourself to be touched by the wonders of life. -- Thich Nhat Hanh ( from tissuepaperworld's quotes )

Does putting the white flag down means that you are a sore loser?
This is the day that I deliberately surrendered to the most evasive war I had with myself. I suffered the most for I did not really know what I want. I wanted to be the person that I used to be but I built a wall and held a shield to protect myself from being deeply damaged and wounded. But I couldn’t find any meaning to what I’ve been fighting for that last 12 months of my life. I was lost. Deranged. Disoriented. And my hopes have gone asunder.
I need to make a move.
I need to do some changes in my life.
You have seen some of my previous posts. Full of angst and sensitivity. But a crack in the wall admitted some light. During the war, I groped in the dark. I could not find the way to my destination. The light who taught me the way back to my old self was my long time friend. She reminded me that I am by nature friendly and I have a deep concern for other people. I remember telling that I was damn tired of having friends to avoid attachments…and that was a terrible lie. Because deep inside, I have this great hunger for affection. I wanted to rekindle old friendships. I wanted to make new friends. I wanted to meet new people and build connection.


I wanted to destroy the wall.
I wanted to see the light.
I wanted to welcome the morning with a smile.
To be able to start, I should bring down the white flag.
I did.

Now, I have to say goodbye to my pride. For I have suffered so much because of that damn pride.
I have to say goodbye to being so idealistic. People have mere differences. I should learn to accept the things that I could no longer change. (i.e. the Rotten Tomatoes)

I should embrace optimism once again.

Hello old self. Stay with me at this present moment. We should work together. I no longer want to be in a somber state.

Stay with me and be touched by the wonders of life.
posted by li'l star at 7:38 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home