Little Star's Realm
Saturday, March 14, 2009
Final Straw.
Unfortunately, my sensitivity literally hits me. I become too sensitive to the words which pass thru my ears and that’s practically one reason why I am more at ease with silent type of people. Nope I’m not referring to the mute or deaf. I am referring to the people who don’t react that much. Not because they’re dumb or have no opinion at all but they just sometimes act in moderation. They are seemingly boring but they are not. They are actually fun to be with and it’s amazing when you find out that they have a lot to share and they have interesting passions in life. Well, their exact opposite are sometimes not bearable to be with and they can affect you. Most of them can strike a blow on your day. I don’t say I’m perfect. I have my own mood swings but oftentimes I refuse to react and simply ignore the things that could really piss me off before it affects other people. I am thankful that I am sometimes “deadma”. Everytime I start to wear my invisible earphones and blindfold, I become invincible. I could act as if I don’t care.
I haven’t reached the final straw yet but what if I totally lose my understanding and patience? I used to have this constant reminder about TOLERANCE. I contributed an article last year and it was a serious topic about cultural tolerance. It’s like broadly interpreted as the willingness of individuals to accept the right of everyone to be different. But I am just human and I have a list of the attitudes I’m having much ado:
• The Show-offs: I really get annoyed with people who keep on bragging about themselves and think that they are always better or smarter than other people. Ugh! They suck!
• The OA’s : They tend to overreact even if it’s not something to react about.
•The Know-It-All. They know this and that. Oh no, they do not really impress me. Like what Jessica Zafra said, “Intelligence is like an underwear. You should always have it but you need not show it off. You should only take it off when necessary and if you don’t have it, it shows.”. As if they appear on the edge of everything. For godsake, we don’t need your opinion on every topic.
• The Bossy. I could be less assertive at times but it doesn’t mean they no longer need to ask how or what I’m feeling. When I give way, it doesn't mean that everything’s ok. They absolutely lack the sensitivity to care enough for other people.
•.The People with “Me, Myself & I” Syndrome. They are so used to doing stuffs alone. It’s far different from being nonchalant. They deliberately forget about other people and just think of themselves most the time. I just hate self-centered people. Maybe they should find a niche on an island of their own.
•The Members of the Vanity Fair. Honestly, I consider myself “kikay” But there are people whose vanity could sometimes be so irritating. People who would even change outfits several times even if it’s not necessary. I don’t actually understand why. Maybe they need to change their face instead of their outfits.
•The ‘Joker’ Wannabe. They are the people who don’t know how to deliver the right jokes (at the right time). I am not actually hard to please so I can laugh even on the corniest joke but if those can already demoralize you or other people…then it is the time you should not expect me to appreciate what you’re saying.
•The Machine Gun. In layman's terms, we call them the nonstop talker / story-teller. People who would settle on one topic without end are sooooo boring. There are certain topics that you sometimes wish to instantly end but they’re not that sensitive enough to feel that you are no longer interested --- I’m more patient with people who confide in me with their problems. They may repeat their stories for the nth time but I never get tired of listening to them. So that’s a different story.
•The Brat. They should bear in mind that being child at heart is far different from being childish. They are even worse than the mentally retarded. You can't have everything that you want. There are times when they need to grow up and face the bitter reality.
•The Religious Frontliner. I know a lot of people who are like this, They would consider themselves as religious but forget to apply the dogma in real life. They would mock or make fun of other people and it’s not fair. They are the self righteous people who appear more hypocrite to me. I don’t go to mass that often but I must admit, I have a personal relationship with Mr. God.
I’m wondering why people can’t simply act in moderation. I love the sound of laughter. I love the idea that everybody’s having fun. I’m not even kill-joy but there are certain things I’m not into. I’ve been like this and I’ve never had problems in the past. Maybe I just prefer small talks with people. That’s the time I start to feel that I’m having connection with them. People I’ve mentioned above bore (and irritate) me most of the time. I would rather prefer to be alone than to be with them. I think and agree that people who talk too much are the insecure ones because they always seek for the approval of everybody or sometimes they just seek attention. I’ll repeat this quote from Paulo Coehlo’s novel, The Alchemist “People say strange things. Sometimes it’s better to be with the sheep, who don’t say anything. And better still to be alone with one’s books. They tell their incredible stories at the time when you want to hear them. But when you’re talking to people, they say some things that are so strange that you don’t know how to continue the conversation.”
2 Comments:
napapaisip tuloy ako kung isa ba ako rito. alam mo naman ako ang daming kwento.
ehehehe. there's always an exemption. in general lang sinabi ko pero may subcategory pa yan. hahaha! hindi naman ako basta basta naiinis. yung iba kasi sobra talga. ^_^
Post a Comment
<< Home