Little Star's Realm
Saturday, July 19, 2008
Like good books.
Ask me if I am choosy. Yes I am when it comes to friends. I only choose those who know how to listen when I speak. I don’t want to sound eccentric but I am actually a good listener. It’s just that I also want people to hear what I am saying or even stay with me even if I refuse to speak. From there I would know if they can really understand me. I don’t like hanging out with people who just love partying / drinking all night or people who keeps talking about fashion, about themselves or anything shallow that keeps me from knowing them. Maybe I’m choosy because it’s just my way of looking for potential friends. Those I can keep until I grow old.
As we age, I notice that we keep on looking back at the past. We keep talking about the people we’ve encountered and considered as friends whom we seldom see. It is indeed true because the friends we used to have like those we’ve met during highschool, college and even those from the jobs we’ve had are those we constantly try to keep in touch with. I really value my friends as much as I value my family. They serve as my fortress and shelter. On the other hand, they are the people I’m willing to spend time whenever they need me. But the more I tend to be so choosy, the more I find that true and reliable friends are becoming so scarce nowadays. Although I know that being too picky is never a waste of time because I always pass the right judgment. I know I always choose the right kind of friends.
And I am very thankful for having them…
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home