Little Star's Realm

Friday, May 30, 2008

His Gift of Friendship.

I was dumbfounded when I heard the shocking news last May 2. One of my childhood friends was accidentally hit by a bus while driving his motorcycle. I saw him on tv and I wasn’t able to believe that he’s already gone. I texted his sister, trying to say consoling words even though I know that I can never ease the pain at the moment. I never thought that the day we bumped into each other on our street would be the last time I’m going to see him.
He’s the type of person who has his own tactics of getting your attention. I should say that I love the way he joked around. He also possessed a mixture of arrogance with cuteness and not actually hating him. I have happy thoughts of him during our childhood days especially when his family still live across our house. I had this terrible crush on him when I was in 2nd year highschool and even gave him a letter which he kept for years and was read by his long-time girlfriend who also became my friend and how we laughed about it while trying to recall all our fond memories of him.
I just wanted to write about him. Not because I had a crush on him but I have discovered the he was blessed with a gift of friendship. He was actually like a politician/celebrity on his wake. If you’ve only seen so many people regardless of the different status in life who wanted to see him even for the last time. He was so loved by the people even the humblest sampaguita vendor and the “tambays” on our street. Each one has a story to tell on how good person he is. I was teary eyed because by that, you can see how he lived his life. He was a small man with a very big heart.
The only regret I have was the time I didn’t spend with him because of my busy schedule. I considered him my friend and an extension of the family so we all mourned when we lost him. Everything happened unexpectedly so he left a message that we should value life and the people we love while we still have them.

May he find eternal peace in God’s arms…
posted by li'l star at 10:21 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home