Little Star's Realm

Saturday, March 01, 2008

Perhaps love.

(photo by http://gilbertobispo.multiply.com)

Photobucket

I love attending weddings.

I love hearing two people exchange their “I do’s.” I also love it every time the groom serenades his bride during the reception… just like the one I’ve attended today. My friend just got married and I envy him and his wife for having the courage to leave singlehood.

As always, I envy those people who go out of their way just to be together regardless of the trials that they may face as a couple. Wedding is only for one day. Marriage is a lifetime commitment.

I love weddings.

But I am so afraid of being sited on that scenario. I am afraid that after the wedding day, I will be expected to do my part as the wife base on the promises I will make during the ceremony. At my age, I can say that I’m supposed to be ready to settle down. I already found my man and I know that he will be a responsible husband but how come I am not likely prepared to take another step in my life?

Or is it just fear that’s hindering me from accepting the fact that I should already leave the kind of life that I have right now?

It is too risky. I will be leaving my comfort zone once again. I will be given a new responsibility. I don’t know if I will be a good wife or a good mother. There are so many questions running inside my head.

But ask me if I want to get married…of course I do. But as much as possible, I don’t want a grand wedding. I just want it to be simple yet solemn… with the man I wish to love until I grow old.

Perhaps love will give me the go signal. Maybe it’s not yet the right time…

posted by li'l star at 10:00 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home