Little Star's Realm

Wednesday, July 04, 2007

It's a Beautiful Day

I am vehemently upset today (ironic to the title). Instead of posting a complain, I would rather give an uplifting excerpt from the Book Zahir (A Novel of Obsession. p.292)
Although I know that I may have lost forever the woman I love, I must try to enjoy all the graces that God has given me today. Grace cannot be hoarded. There are no banks where it can be deposited to be used when I feel more at peace with myself. If I do not make full use of these blessings, I will lose them forever.
God knows that we are all artists of life.One day, he gives us a hammer with which to make a sculpture, another day he gives us brushes and paints with which to make a picture, or paper and a pencil to write with. But you cannot make a painting, with a hammer, or a sculpture with a paintbrush. Therefore, however difficult it may be, I must accept today’s blessings, even if they seem like curses because I am suffering and it’s a beautiful day, the sun is shining, and the children are singing in the street. This is the only way I will manage to leave pain behind and rebuild my life.
posted by li'l star at 9:48 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home